Area Sales Manager
Multinational environment in a small and dynamic team
World's largest manufacturer and marketer of methanol
About Our Client
Methanex (http://www.methanex.com/) is the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of methanol. The company is active in major international markets such as North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America. Methanol is an important ingredient in many of the essential industrial and consumer products that make the world a better place in which to live, work and play. Methanex shares are quoted on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Santiago de Chile stock exchange and the Nasdaq Global Market.
The Sales Manager is responsible for the maintenance and growth of methanol sales in Europe. He or She will as a member of the sales / marketing team, participate in developing the region's strategy and effectively carry out that strategy in this region. Other responsibilities include aspects of market & sales analysis, account management information, and the execution on the Responsible Care initiatives. The Sales Manager is expected to make commercials recommendations to the Commercial Manager based on different market and account analysis to maintain, grow or reduce sales. Building strong interpersonal relationships with the key decision makers within regional customer base is critical.
Key responsibilities of the Sales Manager :
- Develops and maintains sales at targeted accounts/countries
- Prepares, evaluates and negotiates contract proposals, analyses costs of each order
- Oversees operational management of customers
- Compiles and organises information about customers and competition
- Analysis of specific commercial opportunities and market development and make recommendations accordingly
- Participates actively in the quarterly European pricing process
- Budgets and forecasts sales and reports results
- Prepares periodical updates on industry supply and demand information within sales region
- Analyses and evaluates specific projects within its accounts
- Initiates and contributes to an efficient supply chain and logistics management
- Work in accordance with ISO 9002 procedures and Responsible Care Principles
The Successful Applicant
The Sales Manager is required to act and communicate effectively across functional, cultural and international boundaries, and therefore needs to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and well-developed thinking and influencing competencies. He/she will need to act and take decisions whereby keeping alignment to the overall business strategies. The Sales Manager also must possess excellent tact and diplomacy to effectively interact with senior personnel internally and externally, and must demonstrate self-managing and initiative competencies to maintain effectiveness under pressure.
- University degree in Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Economics. Master in Business Administration
- Languages skills: strong English. Other European languages are an asset: French, German, …
- 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in (petro) chemical industry in a multinational environment
- Manufacturing/Plant and trading experiences are an advantage
- Solution oriented and creative thinking capabilities
- Strong analytical skills (numeric & strategic) and process thinking capabilities
- Very good planning & organizational skills
- Strong sense of consistency and ethics, personal integrity
- Team player
- Open to travel up to 30% in EU
What's on Offer
Beside an attractive salary package, Methanex offers a multinational environment in a small and dynamic team: quick, result driven and caring. There is a real opportunity for each individual to have a big impact on the company results! The Methanex company culture enables people to work together across functions, disciplines and regions towards a shared vision and a "One Team" culture. Methanex offers great opportunities to grow and develop and is committed to ensure its employees the knowledge, tools and possibilities to maximize their potential.