Updated on 09/07/2021
- Fast-growing US company
- Full homeworking - Fluency in Dutch, French and English
About Our Client
Our client is a US international company providing consulting services. Our client offers services such as litigation support, project management, law firm solutions, intellectual property, data hosting, and legal staffing for customers worldwide.
As our client continues to grow and develop, they are seeking an outstanding contract manager based anywhere, adding value to the Belgian team, working in tandem with Contracts and Legal Professionals. This newly created role will require fluenc in Dutch, French and English.
The Contract Manager is responsible for individual contribution as part of the Global Contracting & Commercial Solutions Group.
Primary day to day focus is commercial and contractual analysis and support services across client industries (Manufacturing, Retail & Consumer, Public sector (Including Government), Healthcare, Automotive and Banking & Insurance) , advising on technology and outsourcing deals.
Initially, focus will be on a major client, a multinational technology / outsourcing company.
The role of Contract Manager requires the individual to be well skilled in commercial and contract analysis and provision of expert advice and guidance on contract interpretation, understanding of the key risks and obligations of contracting and an ability to leverage the contract to be maximum advantage including elements of profit / margin optimization.
Candidates should have particular strengths in teamwork (internal & external customers), leadership, contract risk/liability assessment and problem-solving. They must also have the interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with internal clients.
Candidates should be experienced in working autonomously/remotely from the team/clients but open to seeking advice from senior team members when needed.
The role may include local, regional, or global support and may also require travel from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
- BA/BS required (or regional equivalent education).
- Fluent in Dutch/French/English
- 3-7 years experience in law firm and/or global corporation. Outsourcing/supplier experience desirable.
- Contract and commercial drafting and assessment experience required, including a level of client (internal or external) engagement.
- Ability to provide guidance/interpretation on existing contract provisions.
- Ability to work remotely and within a team, build relationships with other business functions (legal, finance, compliance etc).
- Demonstrable knowledge and judgment about contractual and commercial risks/issues in transactions.
- Demonstrate ability to think outside the box.
- Extensive experience in ensuring consistent management of proposals and contracts. This generally includes oversight of the contract management process, as well as development of specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management.
What's on Offer