Business Creation Manager
At the forefront of European innovation and sustainable energy
Exciting opportunity for entrepreneurs with start-up experience
About Our Client
Our client is an innovation engine for sustainable energy across Europe with focus on innovation at every stage of the journey - from classroom to end-customer. The company connects network of partners across Europe together with industry, graduates, employers, researchers, entrepreneurs, businesses and markets.
The organisation is supported by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT).
The three essential areas of innovation are here:
- Education to help create an informed and ambitious workforce that understands the demands of sustainability and the needs of industry.
- Innovation Projects to bring together ideas, inventors and industry to create commercially attractive technologies that deliver real results to customers.
- Business Creation Services to support entrepreneurs and start-ups who are expanding Europe's energy ecosystem with their innovative offerings.
As Business Creation Manager of Belgium and Luxembourg you play a key role in supporting and identifying start ups by sharing your previous start up experience.
- Contribute to market analysis and opportunity assessment for selected business creation opportunities and spinouts/offs from partners
- Identify and match crucial partners with the ventures
- Participate in the development of a strategy and project plan of the ventures
- Follow up progress of selected ventures
- General project management of the business creation project
- Scouting and screening of new business ideas/opportunities
- Management of the delivery of services for the companies supported under four key dimensions: technology development, market development, team development and access to finance/investors
- Internal reporting on metrics established for Business Creation Benelux
The Successful Applicant
- Educational background in Business and/or Finance
- Minimum 4 years' working experience
- Strong affinity and experience in business creation/ founding a start-up
- Previous experience in fundraising, investments, financial analysis,...
Experience with emerging energy markets is a plus
- You have an outstanding business attitude and knowledge
- You have outstanding project management skills
- You have excellent coordination skills and you are service minded
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build sustainable relationships with stakeholders
- You are fluent in English, Dutch and French - other EU languages are a plus.
- You are willing to work remotely and travel through Benelux
What's on Offer
A challenging and exciting commercial opportunity at the forefront of European innovation and sustainable energy.
Travel: regular travel throughout the Benelux, sometimes outside the Benelux region.
Competitive salary package with fringe benefits.