Updated on 04/05/2022
- Relationship development with the academic, biotech & large pharma world
- Up & downstream technologies in Gene therapy
About Our Client
Our client is a major actor in the field of Biotechnology. They intend to play a critical role in the development and manufacture of life-saving drugs that range from vaccines to onco curing solutions. Their biotech portfolio helps customers bring life-saving drugs to market faster at lower costs.
In order to sustain their growth in the Benelux (& Europe) region - they are currently looking for a new Commercial Development Manager -.
As the successful EU Commercial Development Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual shipment and orders targets assigned via direct sales activities with customers
- Collaborate closely with internal account managers, product line specialists and technical pre-sale specialists to sustain the development on the European scope - with a major focus on Benelux
- Develop new gene-therapy customers within Benelux (& partly in EU) by actively prospecting and qualifying specification opportunities
- Position Company's technologies and capabilities at customers developing Cell & Gene Therapies.
- Position, present and demonstrate solutions systems and consumable technologies within customer process development and manufacturing groups in collaboration with technical specialist teams.
- Gain critical insight on customer biotech/biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes and formulate strategies to develop and support solutions
- Expand Biotech's business by gaining market share in existing and new accounts.
- Work closely with various core functional groups within the company (including process engineering, project management, laboratory services, marketing, product management, inside sales, supply chain, manufacturing, etc.)
- Formulate and direct an effective team strategy to ensure customers' needs are met in a timely manner and sales opportunities are won.
- In conjunction with marketing identify and develop new Gene-Therapy opportunities (from pipeline/drug tracking information or company start up level).
- Work with marketing and sales to track and report progress metrics (funnel metrics, sales, orders, and penetration of drug pipeline).
The Successful Applicant
As the successful EU Commercial Development Manager, you will have the fill the following requirements:
- At least a Bachelor Degree in Applied Sciences field (biological science/biochemistry/biochemical engineering or general life science/engineering or relevant field) or equivalent by experience.
Higher education in the field of Gene Therapy is a plus.
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in the field of biotech technologies
- At least 5 years experrience in sales within life sciences or related technologies with an expert understanding of the biotech/biopharmaceutical manufacturing process flow.
- Capabilities of leading others to solve complex problems;
- Ability to use sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Experience with financial forecasting, modeling and competitive tools, executing Voice of Customer, market research and market segmentation
- Ability to travel up to 50%, including international travel
- Fluent in English is mandatory - any other EU language will be consider as a strong asset
What's on Offer
As the successful EU Commercial Development Manager, you will have:
- An attractive salary package in line with your experience with:
Base salary, Bonus system, net allowances, Company car, special incentives, Insurances, ...
- The opportunity to join a market leader aiming to develop further its biotech branch
- The chance to take part to a challenging development process in a high end & state of the art technology