Updated on 05/07/2021
- Retail bank based in Brussels
- Small structure with career perspectives
About Our Client
Our client is a retail bank based in Brussels.
The General Secretariat supervises the organization of the Board meetings, its committees, and the shareholders meetings. In addition, the General Secretariat monitors compliance with the governance rules and advises the Board of Directors and the services of the Bank.
The General Secretariat consists of a small team of 3 persons: the General Secretary, the Deputy General Secretary and an administrative assistant (part-time).
The Deputy General Secretary will be responsible for all legal aspects of the organization for the full scope of activities and the operations of the organization (from supporting the deal teams in structuring and contracting phases of investments/transactions) in order to ensure compliance with Belgian and European applicable regulations.
Management of all organizational and administrative aspects:
- Writing reports of the Board of Directors and its committees,
- Determining the annual program of the Board of Directors and its committees; review regularly
and coordinating the generic agendas,
- Organizing meetings of the Board of Directors and the committees,
- Monitoring the presence of the members of the Board of Directors and the committees and the payment of attendance fees,
- Keeping procedures up to date and writing new ones,
- Managing logistical aspects (document sharing system, etc.).
- Managing the agendas and sending invitations,
Ensuring the validity of the decisions and advice of the Board of Directors and the committees and compliance with their functioning:
- Analyzing all governance rules such as those arising from the law, codes, best practices and
ensure that they are applied,
- Ensuring compliance with these rules by introducing permanent surveillance,
- Being the point of contact for all governance issues,
- Organizing the reception and further training of administrators.
The Successful Applicant
- Master's degree in Law
- Relevant experience in a similar position and interest in corporate law
- Strong analytical mind and excellent writing skills;
- You show commitment, initiative and efficiency;
- You are a good team player;
- You are a reliable person and you are discreet;
What's on Offer