Director of Human Resources
A meaningful job that brings people together and contributes to social cohesion
Integrate a dynamic team within an innovative project
Over onze klant
DUO for a JOB is an association that was founded in November 2012. It carries out intergenerational and intercultural mentoring by bringing young people with a migrant background into contact with professionals over 50 years of age for advice and support in their job search.
Through its mission, DUO for a JOB aims at reducing inequalities in access to the labour market for young people with a migrant background, to value our elders, to reinforce social cohesion and intergenerational action, and finally to fight racism by recreating social ties and local solidarity.
The organisation is active in Brussels, Wallonia, Flanders and Paris. It aims at opening branches in other countries in the years to come. The team is composed of 50 employees, and a team of 150 volunteers, in addition to the 1000 mentors (volunteers too). Since its founding, DUO for a JOB has matched 2800 duos, with a 72% positive outcome for the mentees (job, training or internship).
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
Duties for the HR Director will include implementing HR strategies that support operational objectives and growth, supporting employee development, enhancing job satisfaction, safety and wellness, designing onboarding procedures, forecasting staffing needs and attract the best recruits, mitigating risk, dealing with employee grievances and disputes, structuring benefit packages, maintaining employee records, overseeing overall employment needs and promote the organization's values.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess a high work ethic, excellent communication skills, knowledge of labor regulations and HR practices, strategic thinking abilities, strong organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Developing and implementing human resources strategy and policies
- Supporting strategic objectives
- Hiring staff and negotiating employment agreements
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
- Managing staff wellness and performance reviews
- Motivating and supporting current staff
- Maintaining staff records
- Handling employee compensation and benefits
- Identifying staffing needs and creating job descriptions
- Designing and directing training programs
- Manage administration: payroll, insurances, contracts,
Given the growth of the project, a high degree of flexibility will be required from the HR Director, as his or her responsibilities and roles may evolve with the development of the association.
Real commitment to the organization's mission and values (equal chances to all, refugees integration, social cohesion, active ageing)
- Professional experience of at least 10 years in this field of activity
- Fluency in French & English, both written and Dutch is a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal, coaching and listening skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to remain objective, discrete and exercise common sense
- Good problem-solving skills, detail oriented
- Excellent communication
- Autonomy and flexibility
- A position that combines field work, research and contact with many actors
- A multifaceted project with a high growth in Belgium and abroad