Mise à jour 19/07/2021
- Non-for-profit organization based in Brussels
- Finance Manager position for a growing organisation
À propos de notre client
Focused on global health innovation and development, the members are coming from both the private and public sectors. At a certain level they also work with the EU Commission and Parliament.
The European non-for-profit organization counts around 50 employees and work daily with internal and external consultants.
Description du poste
With the supervision of one accountant and the coordination of an external accounting firm, the Financial Manager will be at the base of the professionalization and development of the department. The role is as operational as it is strategic with a large partnership & strategic component.
The main tasks include:
- The supervision of the daily accounting with the management of the closings - accuracy of accounting principles (BE and EU accounting norms)
- The follow up of accounting (AP / AR) activities with internal and external partners
- The development /improvement and implementation of financial processes (development of reporting, dashboard, KPI, …)
- The quarterly reporting to the main Board with financial presentation (financial statement, budget, forecast, overhead analysis, variance analysis, …)
- The recommendation on Financial resource' management with identification of risks & opportunities
- The advisory and support to the Head of Operation (// Business Partner)
The Finance Manager will have a strategic role to play in the management of the global finance performance and the development of a more structure finance department.
As such, the right candidate will gather a certain set of hard and soft skills:
- Master's degree in Finance / Economics / Business management - Accounting - Or other equivalent
- At least 3 years in a similar role
- Fluent in English and good command of French/Dutch
- Good accounting and controlling background
- Excellent command of Excel, PowerPoint and other analytic & presentation tools
- Proactive and creative
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Detail oriented and solution minded
Conditions et Avantages
The international NGO offers the possibility to develop the financial structure in order to enhance their activities and develop new internal & external opportunities.
Good work life balance & the possibility to stay quite operational while discussing more strategic topics.