- Freelance CFO position for an international manufacturing company !
- Are you looking for a Freelance CFO role?
About Our Client
Our client is an independent global automotive supplier of innovative and energy efficient powertrains
▪ Oversee and coordinate the business planning process to develop long-term strategic and annual operating budgets, including decisions on deploying capital, cash flow optimization and strategic manufacturing footprint.
▪ Lead internal controls compliance and culture, including any action plans associated with audit findings.
▪ Provide sound financial and economic advice to the management team as part of the ongoing planning and implementation of business strategies, including pricing (cost estimation/quoting), profitability, cost management, cash flow, capital utilization, and taxes and funding optimization.
▪ Drive transparent consolidation and reporting of financial operating performance, variance analysis, and sales forecasts review and business projections.
▪ Own the enterprise risk assessment framework to ensure risks are identified and reduced to acceptable levels.
▪ Coordinate and collaborate with internal/external constituents in such areas as funding, taxation, accounting policies and procedures, financial modelling, economic projections, etc.
▪ Direct interaction with the board and shareholders financial departments, to provide the board the relevant financial information for strategic decision making.
▪ Performant stakeholder management with financial partners (banks, investors) to ensure effective and efficient funding
▪ Advise on financial/business issues related to new joint ventures, mergers/acquisitions, and operations.
▪ Develop a world class team through talent acquisition, and management & development to support business growth plans and robust succession planning.
▪ Continuously promote a high-performance culture across the Team as well as the broader organization.DESIRED OUTCOMES
▪ Build a strong and trusted relationship between the major Chinese shareholders and the leadership team, acting as a key conduit between the two.
▪ Secure new capital investment not only from the current shareholders but help to find new ways to bring cash to the company / including new shareholders and reinforce the existing capital structure.
▪ Establish a best in class finance team, structure and processes.
▪ Restore company profitability.
▪ Deliver/exceed budget and 5Y plan.
▪ Prepare the company for next potential step in the markets.
The Successful Applicant
- 15+ years' experience in finance leadership roles, including as a CFO.
- This could be from a range of industries beyond automotive, but ideally with some degree of manufacturing.
- Proven track record as business partner to a CEO. With demonstrated ability to understand the broader business strategy and value creation model quickly and deeply.
- FP&A background with a strong track record in the implementation of initiatives. Having an earlier foundation in Big 4 audit background is a plus.
- Well established business partner
- Strong track record in partnering with CEO and senior leadership team in recommending and executing enterprise-wide strategies to support business growth. Ideally in a high/fast growth environment.
- Academic pedigree A Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or another related field is required. A Chartered Accountant and MBA is preferred.
- Fluency in English is required, and Mandarin knowledge considered as a plus, with executive-level leadership, interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and presentation skills.
What's on Offer
A CFO role for an international company
6+ months minimum