- Hands-on Logistics Team Leader to manage the warehouse - Inbound (17 FTE)
- Interim Management - 6 months - Food Production - Kortrijk area
About Our Client
Our partner is an European food production company.
- You report to the Zone Manager inbound and work in 2 shifts (6-14h, 14-22h).
- As Teamleader you are the first point of contact for the employees (n=17 FTE) in your shift.
- You guide the warehouse workers in their daily tasks and are the driving force in organisation and planning of the team.
- In this temporary assignment you make the bridge to a permanent team leader and you are responsible for the introduction and training of the new team leader.
- You are responsible for managing, coaching, motivating and guiding the logistics employees and promoting a good working atmosphere. You are often available on the work floor.
- You draw up a training plan for the team within the zone and coordinate its implementation.
- You conduct evaluation interviews, evaluate temporary employees and give feedback to the Zone Manager and HR.
- You organise the logistics environment in the field, monitor activities and delegate tasks, responsibilities and authority.
- You report to the Zone Manager on the progress and settlement of matters.
- You supervise compliance with the rules and procedures concerning (food) safety, quality, hygiene and the environment.
- You initiate improvement projects and stimulate a culture of continuous improvement.
- You supervise the introduction of new projects and monitor their operational start-up.
- You escalate risks in a timely manner and work together with other departments (transport planning, production, HSE (safety), quality, HR, etc.) to achieve this.
- In every job, SQCDME prevails, which stands for Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Motivation and Environment.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in managing a team, people-management skills are one of your strengths.
- Experience within a warehouse environment is a plus.
- You have a thorough knowledge of logistics/supply chain processes and work independently.
- You have a good knowledge of safety, quality, hygiene and environment.
- A good social climate is important to you and you have good social skills.
- You are stress resistant and have strong communication skills (Dutch - English).
What's on Offer
- Length : 6 months (with possible extension) - Michael Page Interim Management
- Location : Kortrijk area