Mise à jour le 29/06/2021
- Responsible for the compliance scope
- International Corporate Banking
À propos de notre client
International Corporate Banking
Description du poste
Your mission is to contribute to the compliance of the Bank's activities and operations and its employees with the legislative and regulatory provisions as well as all the internal and external rules applicable to the group activities in the banking and financial sector, or which may lead to criminal sanctions, sanctions by the regulators, litigation with clients and, more broadly, reputational risk.
Based in Brussels, you will be responsible for the Compliance scope for the Branch, whose role mainly covers the following areas :
- Anti-money laundering and financing of terrorism (AML-FT) and anti-corruption
- Compliance with international sanctions
- Compliance with financial regulations for loan origination, structuring and arrangement activities for Corporate and Financial Institution clients, or in the management of their international trade and transactional banking needs
- Provide advice on branch transactions, activities and strategies and in particular analyse high risk transactions and alerts generated by the screening tool
- Ensure the overall management of the Sanctions/LAB-FT risk of sensitive files (preparation and presentation to the Sensitive Operations Committee, preparation for suspicious transaction reports if necessary, freezing of funds in coordination with the competent authorities)
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of effective policies and procedures to prevent any risk of compliance failure and to comply with European and US financial market regulations, laws and codes
- Assess and identify risks of non-compliance with financial security and financial regulations, laws, codes and internal procedures on market activities
- Drafting the compliance report for management and the governing bodies.
The role of the Compliance Officer allows you to be in charge of the local compliance mechanism, mainly focused on Financial Crime issues, while contributing to the reinforcement of regulatory compliance in the markets, which is more centralised at the level of the Head Office.
You will work with all of the Bank's stakeholders and the various Compliance teams at Headquarters. You will also be responsible for the development of the Bank's business processes and the management of the Bank's operations.
As such, regular travel to Europe is required
To be eligible for this position you should demonstrate:
- Master's degree in Law
- Minimum 6 to 10 years of experience in the wholesale/corporate banking segment
- You have significant experience in the field of Financial Crime Compliance which has allowed you to manage the relationship with regulators
- International experience is appreciated
- Strong analytical, communication and relational skills and attention to detail
- Sense of responsibility, autonomy and collective spirit
- Sense of organisation and reactivity
- Fluent French, English, Dutch is a plus
Conditions et Avantages
A competitive salary with a wide range of benefits