HEAD OF HR
Join an international and dynamic HR Team
Head of HR for a Law Firm with strong HR culture
About Our Client
Leading international legal practice with a truly global presence with offices in Brussels and Antwerp.
The role of HR Director will have 3 core responsibilities: strategy, team management, advise and support the Partners:
- Input to business modelling and planning
- Identify and map talent and succession pipeline
- Facilitate the workplace culture through HR initiatives
- Analyze and translate global business reporting to aid business decisions
- Support local and global management to influence the development of performance, recognition and reward policies and programmes (a particular focus is currently on diversity and wellbeing)
- Provide strategic input to influence the design of firm wide projects for the benefit of the Practice and working with the HRD/ Central HR/ other Support departments to ensure smooth implementation
- Collaborate and liaise with the other Support Heads in the Practice in provision of a coherent and coordinated service to the practice group and the firm
- Provide advice for senior management on issues around performance, objective setting, conduct and remuneration for individual partners
- Ensure that newly promoted or laterally hired partners are appropriately inducted and supported as they transition
- Overall responsibility for the management of the HR including: Recruitment; Performance development; Compensation and benefits; Compliance with HR policies and procedures.
The Successful Applicant
Key requirements for the right profile of HR Director:
- Technical competence in all aspects of employment law, compliance practices and policies.
- Successful experience as a senior HR in a corporate, professional services, consultancy or law firm.
- Excellent track record of working with senior management within a complex international organization.
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to influence strategy through creative and pragmatic issue resolution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to interface at all levels and particularly to win the respect of the Partner community, building and developing strong client relationships.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to nurture and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment.
- Enjoy both the operational and strategic sides of this role and show great flexibility.
- Resilient, able to understand that credibility has to be earned and may take time.
- Ability to deal sensitively with difficult issues and personalities.
What's on Offer
Our client offers a complete package including a company car with fixed and variable salary.
The role reports directly to the Global HR Director based in the UK.