Legal Counsel Belgium & Netherlands
Experience in the Pharmaceutical sector required
Fluent in Dutch & English
About Our Client
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company present in more than 70 countries.
This Legal Counsel position covers the legal affairs of our client' businesses in Netherlands and Belgium. He/She will be based in Brussels South and will report to the Region Counsel, Region North.
A lawyer with 4-6 years' experience is required to provide commercial legal advice and counsel directly to our client's business operations in Netherlands and Belgium.
Working closely with the legal team, duties will include the analysis and provision of legal advice focused on business-oriented solutions to the business on a wide range of matters. Such matters include advice on pharmaceutical law and compliance, competition law, procurement law, pricing and reimbursement regulations, patient support programs, data protection, clinical trials regulation, general risk management, and negotiation and preparation of an extensive range of complex agreements including supply, distribution/co-promotion agreements, marketing and sales agreements.
- Identify, advise on and resolve complex legal issues related to assigned matter; including proposing alternative solutions.
- Be expected to gain a solid knowledge of our client's businesses and knowledge of the broader business impact of decisions made; be expected to keep abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas and represent our client externally to suppliers.
- Resolve legal issues using negotiation skills and legal expertise.
- Develop tools and processes to effectively manage legal work and requests for legal work.
- Train the business on key legal developments and areas and develop practical checklists and working tools for the business to facilitate their work.
- With the Region Counsel, select and direct the work of outside counsel when relevant, including define project objectives and budget.
- Regularly collaborate with the larger European and Global Legal team in the company through best practice sharing and support to cross-border initiatives and projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience of the pharmaceutical industry is required. In house experience is not essential in the case of the right candidate.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Understanding and experience in the following areas is desirable:
* Commercial & contract law (with national and cross-border contracts)
* Public Procurement & Reimbursement
* French Dutch/Belgian and EU competition law
* Pharmaceutical Advertising law
* Anti-corruption laws
* Product Liability law
* Pharmaceutical Regulatory law
* General understanding/experience in Intellectual Property (patents, trademarks, copyright)
* General litigation practice and procedure
* Data protection
The individual needs to be highly motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated initiative, adaptability and integrity, with strong communication skills, a cultural sensitivity to working in a multi-national company and the ability to work effectively in cross functional and cross border teams. The individual will be expected to work independently but with supervision where required.
What's on Offer