Legal Counsel Benelux
IT and Digital sector
About Our Client
Our client, present in over 40 countries, is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services. Our client creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions.
Our client is seeking to recruit an additional IT/commercial lawyer to its Belgian team, part of the Benelux Legal team.
The successful candidate will work closely with a broad range of internal clients and management and will advise on a wide variety of commercial issues and transactions, varying greatly in nature, complexity and value, as well as ad hoc legal issues.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include
- Advising on management consultancy, technology and outsourcing contracts, but also providing ad hoc legal advice relating to the general operations of the company.
- Liaising with external lawyers and minimising legal fees.
The successful candidate will enjoy a good degree of autonomy and will work on all phases of deals, ranging from the proposal/bid review stages, right through to negotiation and post signature issues, including legal advice to assist with contract management. The following are the usual types of IT/commercial contracts that the legal team is requested to support:
- Outsourcing (including Business Process Outsourcing).
- System integration and development.
- Services integration.
- Applications management.
- Framework agreements.
- Alliance agreements.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent grasp of general commercial and contract law
- Ability to take ownership of (including structuring, planning, executing and concluding) and to manage the provision of legal support for large value and complex bids and transactions
- Proficient in verbal and written communications in Dutch, French and English
- Is an effective negotiator
- Proactively suggests improvements to processes and ways of working based on feedback and personal insight
- Proficient in assessing client requirements, preferences and expectations
- Is able to apply judgement to decision making based on past experience and available data
- Demonstrates subject matter expertise in own area and can apply it effectively
- Maintains & enhances subject matter expertise in line with changing business needs
- Is able to work successfully as part of a team
What's on Offer
- International and dynamic environment
- Opportunity to work in a fast-growing company with many grow possibilities
- Competitive salary package