Legal Counsel - International FinTech company - Brussels
Leading international fintech company
Solo position at European HQ in Brussels
About Our Client
Our client is an international fast-paced, dynamic and growing FinTech company, with European HQ in Brussels, founded in 2009, with more than 1.000 people covering over 50 nationalities, working across more than 27 offices worldwide.
Key responsibilities of the Legal Counsel role include:
● advising on a variety of matters, with a particular focus on payments and regulatory issues arising from rules and market practice which apply to the payments and FX sectors
● drafting and advising on a variety of documents including terms of business, bespoke financing arrangements with clients, strategic partnerships, regulatory submissions and project work which may involve setting up new entities, cross-border regulatory work and M&A activity
● advising on new product launches and the introduction of existing products into new territories
● working with business people and the Compliance Department to assess the impact of new rules and advise on implementation where relevant
● representing the Legal Department in internal working groups and in front of clients, partners, regulators and other third parties
● supporting the Company Secretary in advising group directors and managing company affairs in accordance with good corporate governance and regulatory standards
The Successful Applicant
Key skills requirements for the Legal Counsel role include:
● master in law
● at least 5 years'experience in financial services regulatory and/or Payments
● fluency in English and French or Dutch and excellent written and verbal communication skills
● experience of liaising with regulatory and supervisory authorities
● being comfortable with managing large and varied workload (to include corporate, commercial, dispute resolution and governance matters), balancing competing priorities and being able to flex style to work autonomously and in collaboration with large teams
● an ability to distil complex legal and regulatory issues with a view to providing pragmatic legal advice to a range of stakeholders
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business at the European HQ of the company in Brussels, offering a competitive salary package, full training program, and drive and ambition where your success and efforts will be rewarded!
PageGroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity, both as an employer as well as a recruitment service provider. Each recruitment decision we make for people we hire and people we place into new roles is based solely on the candidates’ knowledge, experience and skills.