About Our Client
Our client is a Private Bank that exists for several decades and enjoys an excellent reputation in Belgium.
The legal counselor actively participates in the management of the files, the permanence of the legal service and the backup needs within the service. The tasks of the department are essentially as follows:
Legal assistance for all departments of the bank except the areas of compliance and wealth planning - assistance for the development of products and services and interdepartmental projects.
- Contracts: analysis and writing, conservation
- Insurance: supervision of insurance policies and billing tracking
- Litigation management
- Management of complaints and disputes
- Follow-up of legal news
- Internal legal reporting within the group
- Representation of the bank in professional committees with legal orientation
- Centralization of relations with third-party lawyers (lawyers, notaries, corporate lawyers ...)
- Corporate governance: legal assistance provided to the general secretariat for the preparation of general meetings and boards of directors, the preservation of documents and social books and the coordination of legal publications.
All these files will be distributed within the team according to the priorities and necessities of the service.
The Successful Applicant
- A Master's Degree in Law
- Minimum 3 years legal experience (bar or experience as legal counsel in a bank or financial institution)
- Fluent in Dutch and French
- High flexibility and adaptability to the materials to be treated
- Good understanding of the private banking sector
- Knowledge of banking law, commercial law, corporate law, financial law
- Excellent analytical mind
- Editorial capacity
- Knowledge of Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Communication and negotiation skills
What's on Offer
Our client offers a competitive annual salary with a complete package (car, insurance ...)