Mise à jour 11/05/2021
- 4 months as of September, full time
- Corporate, M&A, debt and equity finance
À propos de notre client
Our client is a Belgian management company with a mission to support market development in low- and middle-income countries and to contribute to the sustainable development goals. Our client manages delegated funding from the EU through various blending instruments. The company delivers development finance solutions that enable European institutions and private sector investors to increase the scale and impact of their work by investing more and in higher risk opportunities than would otherwise be possible.
Description du poste
Be responsible for all legal aspects of the organization for the full scope of activities and the operations of the organization (from supporting the deal teams in structuring and contracting phases of investments/transactions) in order to ensure compliance with Belgian and European applicable regulations.
- Be in charge of all legal matters, in particular handle transactional work in relation to all types of equity and debt finance transactions. Liaise with the relevant external legal expert(s) in order to obtain proper legal support when relevant.
- Manage a team composed of a legal counsel and a paralegal.
- Advise the company on Belgian corporate law matters.
- Deal with any litigation and evaluate the legal options in case of legal disputes in order to ensure a solid argumentation and an optimal defense of the organization, if need be in partnership with competent external legal expert(s).
- Several years of experience with development finance, ideally within the energy and agriculture sectors.
- In-depth experience with equity and debt finance transactions.
- Developing countries experience is a must.
- Bilingual English/French, both orally and in writing.
- Team management experience.
- Knowledge of Belgian corporate law matters is a nice to have.
Conditions et Avantages