Updated on 15/09/2021
- International market leader in Building materials
- full General Management and P&L responsibility for Belgium
About Our Client
Our client is an international market leader (6000 employees, Sup 1 bill€ revenue ) in building materials proposing innovative solutions.
The group is looking for a new Managing Director, being part of the regional senior leadership, with the objective to lead a new step of growth for the Belgium company.
You will have full strategic and commercial responsibility for the activities of the company. With P&L responsibility, you are the entrepreneur on behalf of the shareholder and accountable for the brand in your national market. You will drive the business forward, making full use of all the tools at your disposal and the relationships that you will build with your Group colleagues.
Driving your team and customers to create sales opportunities and long lasting partnerships, you focus on:
1. Making it the brand of choice for the Belgian market
2. Your employees, their way of working, driving for opportunities, quality of service and effective processes, focusing on 'the ease of doing business'.
3. Your product range, extending it, creating the portfolio to benefit your customers
4. Your customers and routes to market, leading to a growth of sales whilst remaining profitable.
- Full P&L responsibility
- Digitalization and transformation of the national brand
- Regional/Country leadership (45 employees)
- An excellent knowledge of wholesalers channel..
The Successful Applicant
- At least 10 years' experience in a competitive B2B environment for a reputable brand in technical building materials with a general management successful experience or a full P&L responsibility as commercial leader.
- It will be an advantage to have worked for a family-owned business, and/or a medium size company.
- This is a hands-on MD role and you will need to be prepared to get involved in daily problem solving, negotiations, advising the team, giving instructions, encouragement, as well as representing the brand to your customers.
- You need to be bilingual in Flemish and French, and fluent in English.
- With a positive attitude and personal diplomacy, you overcome challenges and you are open and welcoming of people of different backgrounds and cultures.
- You possess strong people skills, and exceptional communication ability. You are ambitious, energetic and driven, with the necessary integrity and values to succeed within the group culture.
What's on Offer
Creating a vision for the future and developing the team to deliver this will be key elements for continuing the upward sales curve.
Finding new products to bring to market, in the current Group portfolio, and expanding current trade routes are a key element of this role, leading the established team to their next step in developing the Company.