Sales Director - Retail industry
Do you have a solid strategic sales management experience ?
Are you solution-oriented with a focus on efficiency ?
About Our Client
Our client is a major leader in the retail - paper industry. Creative and innovative group, they sell emotions through qualitative products made in Europe, with a environment-friendly approach to business.
As Commercial and Analytical Sales Manager Benelux you are accountable for achieving the commercial targets in the 3 countries.
You are responsible for the expansion of the brand by proactively managing strong relationships with current B2B (key) accounts and distributors. Thanks to your proven track record in sales & new business and your retail/wholesale knowledge you make sure that targets are achieved.
You will further develop and implement the Benelux sales strategy, in strong collaboration with the top management. You will also manage the Sales Benelux team and work very closely together with the merchandisers, account manager, sales support team.
The ability to travel is needed.
- Management of our Sales Benelux team (around 15 people)
- Responsible for achieving our commercial targets in the Benelux: day2day sales, management and expand of sales according to the company's values, strategy standards and procedures
- Management of key accounts & agents and maintain regular contact with our clients
- Proactively explore the Benelux market to understand customer's needs, develop new business opportunities and improve market penetration
- Marketing input: analyse the portfolio in order to always adapt the offer to the mark and Work closely with the marketing team
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximise profit
- Forecast, track & report of sales and provide detailed analysis of sell on a regular basis
- Establish good lines of communication with our departments Sales Support, Customer Service and Marketing to improve our sales and account management
- Maximise your network in the retail industry
- Develop your team and conduct personal development plan for them
- Be an inspiring coach and leader of your team
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will combine the following requirements :
- Minimum 6 years of experience in sales management at a strategic level
- Fluent in French, Dutch and English
- Experience in sales team management
- Expertise in international account management and business development
- Experience in sales strategy design based on solid market knowledge & understanding of customer's needs
- Outstanding communication competences - negotiation skills, close collaboration with various internal departments, building strong relationships with clients
- Good analytic skills - providing marketing input, forecasting and reporting
- Strong people management skills - true people's leader
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be provided with a salary package in line with his/her experience as well as a complete package of extralegal advantages.