About Our Client
American Express by Alpha Card is the issuer and acquirer, with an in-house service platform offering payment solutions for Corporate, Consumer and Merchant customers.
You will be responsible for:
Strategic Planning & Product and Platform Development
- Responsible for developing the annual, medium and long term business plan and acquisition strategy for the corporate card business; ensure the plan is aligned and synchronised with the overall Alpha Card - Amex business strategy;
- Working collaboratively with other business heads to ensure market and investment optimisation;
- Manage MIS capabilities in order to support strategic planning and tactical implementation.
- Develop a Product and platform Strategy, align with head of Business line, COO and CIO in accordance to business strategy.
Team leadership & Shareholder Alignment
- Provide strategic thought leadership to the Sales, Account Management and Support team, ensuring that strategies are in place and implemented, that corporate KPI targets are met and to grow the corporate card business, improving brand awareness and ensuring customers satisfaction;
- Build and manage a strong sales organisation and -culture and ensure that optimal resources are being deployed against key business initiatives;
- Coordinates the management of the internal sales and account management channels; leads the negotiation process with new agents and coordinates relationship with existing partners;
- Builds and deepens relationship with key strategic accounts and prospects;
- Overall responsibility on marketing and sales budgets, and Corporate Card Profitability;
Builds and keeps relationship with external service providers.
- Align closely with American Express GNS and GCS, to ensure American Express global brand strategy is adhered to, and to leverage appropriate product, brand and resource support.
- Responsible for setting the strategic direction in coordination with other business heads and managing the planning and implementation of the market specific sales/expansion plan within the overall strategy ;
- Achieve ambitious Commercial Card Sales targets through focus on profitable acquisition of additional charge volume from new and existing accounts as well as focus on profitable account retention and account management;
- Implement and optimise pricing policy;
- Continue to build tools to support the sales teams to sell/expand to accounts ;
- Responsibility to build relationships with key players at high level in the market place;
- Should lead by example as a coach/communicator/trainer and as a sales person in front of major clients and prospects. This implies also a leadership role.
The Successful Applicant
- Sales & objective driven
- Ambitious & energetic
- Creative by creating business opportunities
- Smart & hard worker
- Fast moving
Education and learning time
The function requires a knowledge that is at least equivalent to a Master degree (or equivalent experience) with maximum 15 years of B2B sales experience that includes people & P&L management.
Dutch - French - English Experienced (written & oral)
Other - IT
- MS Office - Experienced - Proprietary IT platforms - Job specific IT systems
- Experience how to sell to Corporate clients is imperative;
- Superior sales skills/impact selling techniques;
- Demonstrated sales leadership in Business-to-Business selling;
- Ability to get things done through determination, positive thinking and dedicated task orientation. ("will to win");
- Ability to develop and lead a team of people to deliver outstanding business results;
- Ability to do business and manage people in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment ;
- Problem solving and decision making capability;
- High degree of numeracy & Financial/analytic skills;
- Leadership skills - high integrity, ability to coach and to communicate and team building skills;
What's on Offer