Updated on 07/09/2021
- Retail Management
- Retail - Fashion - Premium
About Our Client
Active in fashion, the company is selling under its own brand names.
The company conducts all its core activities under own direct management responsibility: design and product development, purchasing, fabric cutting, final check, administration, distribution, sales and marketing, etc.
The company sells through combined channels of wholesale, retail and e-commerce.
The (Senior) Retail Manager manages the retail brands and shops and ensures that the shops in their own retail channel (integrated, franchisees) are recognized as the flagship stores.
To achieve this purpose, his / her main responsibilities are:
- To define, implement and execute the retail strategy in all countries, in line with the overall company strategy and opti-channel approach
- To manage the retail stores, processes, inventories, KPI's and the budget
- To translate the strategy into the yearly growth plan, action plans and ensure that these plans are timely executed
- To define the objectives and monitor the KPI's
- To continuously ensure that our retail concept is 'state-of-the art', and that the shops deliver an excellent level of service and remarkable fitting experience to the consumers
- To assess the performance of the stores and take action accordingly (opening new doors, closing doors)
- To manage the stores (own and operated) together with the retail field managers. Directly lead, coach and develop the retail field managers and retail support team
- To monitor the traffic in store, and store conversion rates and take actions to improve.
- To identify and develop new business opportunities, and grow the franchisee network (contract negotiation, assessments, follow-up,…)
- To define and manage the buy & sell strategy of third brands
- To support Marketing in defining and executing the retail marketing strategy
- To manage and negotiate the rental contracts for the stores
- To manage and negotiate the contracts with franchisees
- To define and implement the buying and merchandising strategy
- Manage the workforce planning for retail together with the retail field managers and HR (headcount planning, flexible staff policy, recruitment, exit,…)
- Define and assess the objectives, manage the performance management process for the team
- Build and implement the development plans for store staff, together with the field managers
- To build and maintain close partnerships with the other commercial channels (wholesales, e-commerce), with Brands & Design, Marketing and IT to achieve our opti-channel strategy
- To work closely together with all support functions, such as HR, legal, finance, to achieve the Retail strategy
He/she directly leads the District Managers and the Retail support functions, and reports to the Sales Director.
The (Senior) Retail Manager works in close partnership with the other commercial channels (wholesales, e-commerce), with Brands & Design, Marketing and IT.
The Successful Applicant
- Master's degree in Economics, Business or a related field
- At least 10 years of experience in retail (retail country manager, retail manager,…)
- Experience in Premium retail sector and with franchisees
- Both, strategic view on retail and strong operational manager
- Fluent communicator in English, knowledge of Dutch and/or German is a strong asset
- Passionate by retail with great commercial skills and consumer focus
- Affinity with fashion is a plus
- Good knowledge of IT-tools, retail-processes, systems and retail applications
- Proven leadership and coaching skills
- Communicative, sense of passion, team spirit
What's on Offer
- An attractive salary package including a company car and other extra legal advantages
- A nice and challenging work environment
- A strategic and operational role
- The opportunity to join a company based on values
- International culture environment