Global Category Manager Plastics
Experience with Raw materials (Plastics)
Prefably we are looking for a candidate with an Chemical Engineering background
About Our Client
Cordstrap (1965) is a dynamic and agile private company which has been at the forefront of a revolution in the protection of Cargo. It is a mid-sized organization which has built a leading position globally over the last 50 years through an innovative suite of products and solutions that continue to disrupt traditional markets and set new standards for the cargo securing industry.
Cordstrap works in partnership with customers to provide advice and solutions to their global shipping needs -whether transporting dynamic cargo, dangerous chemicals or difficult to transport capital goods. Cordstrap is headquartered in Oostrum, the South-East of the Netherlands, and maintains a global footprint of sales offices, factories and distribution partners in over 50 countries worldwide. At their headquarters in Oostrum Cordstrap has an international team with employees from 10 diffirent nationalities.
Cordstrap is sales led with a global team of account managers and specialists who approach end-user manufacturers and shippers to provide application expertise, technical advice and product solution training to ensure that customer's cargo reaches its destination free of damage.
The company provides a unique mixture of global operational reach and multinational professionalism with an entrepreneurial and agile culture and style oriented towards impact. Held by long term private equity oriented shareholders, the organization is focused on long term growth and value creation for shareholders, employees and customers.
Cordstrap is looking to strengthen its Global Procurement Team based out of Oostrum, the Netherlands. Our ideal candidate needs to be able to:
- To ensure that a sourcing strategy is in place for the assigned commodities
- To ensure that market knowledge of the assigned commodities is up to date
- To ensure that on a regular basis assigned commodities and geographical areas (Global vs. Local) of the assigned commodities are being analyzed and benchmarked
- To ensure that on a regular basis tender processes are started by using a proper tender document incl. decision matrix
- To ensure that total cost reductions are realized for the assigned commodities
- To ensure that contracts are in place for the assigned commodities
- To lead vendor rating for suppliers of the assigned commodities
- Continued search for process improvement to reduce complexity and costs
- To serve as a team member for New Product Development projects
- To serve as a team lead or member for cost-down projects
The Successful Applicant
To quialify for this vacancy Cordstrap is looking for a candidate who is:
- Pro-active, pragmatic self-starter with business acumen
- Commercial mindset and a rather technical background
- Chemical/Plastics Engineer by education/training
- Asia Sourcing experience
- Plastics experience (prefably we are looking for a candidate with an Chemical Engineering background)
- New Product Development experience
- Production and Supply Chain experience
- Strong communicator, internally and externally
- Experienced project manager
- Fluent in English both verbal and written is necessary, Dutch is considered a plus
What's on Offer
Since 1965, Cordstrap has remained the world leader at the forefront of a revolution in the protection of cargo. Our mission is to keep the world's cargo safe - by providing products and solutions that ensure our customers' precious assets are secure on rail, sea, road and air.
With 3 international manufacturing locations and operations in over 50 countries worldwide, Cordstrap combines a powerfull product suite with a collaborative approach and the best quality training, application expertise and legislative insoughts for our customers' staff.
Many of the world's leading multi-national companies trust Cordstrap to secure their valuable cargo, with fully CTU code compliant solutions for all domestic and international shipping challenges.
The Global Category Manager Plastics is responsible for purchasing activities of yarns and other plastic based raw materials and yarn/plastic based finished products. In addition to this, the Category Manager serves as a member in New Product Development teams where he/she is responsible for all procurement activities related to the development of new products. This role reports to the Global Head of Procurement.
For the right candidate Cordstrap offers an opportunity to develop yourself in an international environment with an competitive salary and secondary package.